Bar steel for medical applications
Round, flat and square stainless steel bar in annealed to high tensile condition, depending on grade and size. Sandvik's bar for medical applications have tight tolerances and consistency in chemical composition, reducing machine set-up time and increasing cutting speeds. The excellent surface finish of Sandvik medical bar saves polishing time and contributes to a better end-product.
Medical bar materials (other materials can be offered on request)
|Sandvik Bioline High-N||S31675||F1586||5832-9|
|Sandvik Bioline 316LVM||S31673||F138||5832-1|
|Sandvik Bioline Ti6Al4V ELI||R56401||F136||5832-3|
|Sandvik Bioline F1537||R31537/R31538||F1537||5832-12|
Sandvik medical bar is delivered with drawn, ground, bright peeled or polished surface.
Sandvik medical bar is available in the following sizes ranges:
- Round bar: diameter 10-100 mm (0.394-3.94 in.)1)
- Flat and square bar: 5-100 mm (0.197-3.94 in.) wide/thick2)
1) Maximum diameter for titanium and CoCrMo alloys is 80 mm
2) Various combinations of width and thickness are available. Please contact us for more information.
- Diameter = 20 mm (= 0.787 inch) h8-h11
- Diameter > 20 mm (> 0.787 inch)) h9-h11
- Flat and square +/- 0.1 mm (0.0039 inch) as standard on width and thickness (tighter tolerances considered on request)
Standard straight lengts of 3-4 m (9.8-13 ft). Other lengths available on request.
- Corrosion test
- Eddy Current test
- Mechanical test
- Microstructure test
- Microcleanliness test
- Ultrasonic test
Disclaimer: Sandvik is not providing any products or services that are intended or may be construed to be recommending or otherwise advising on, in any manner, the design, suitability, appropriateness or effectiveness, from a medical/biological/safety perspective, of any medical material, instrument and/or medical device.