Sandvik 253 MA (Billets)
Datasheet updated 2012-08-02 17:37:05 (supersedes all previous editions)
Sandvik 253 MA* is an austenitic chromium-nickel steel alloyed with nitrogen and rare earth metals. The grade is characterized by:
- High creep strength
- Very good resistance to isothermal and, above all, cyclic oxidation
- Very good resistance to combustion gases
- Good structural stability at high temperatures
- Good weldability
- The grade can be used at temperatures up to about 1150°C (2100°F)
- ASTM F45
- UNS S30815
- EN number 1.4835
Suitable for the production of flanges etc. according to ASTM A182 grade F45.
Status according to EN 10 204 3.1
Chemical composition (nominal) %
* To cerium should be added the quantity of other rare earth metals, since the the additive takes the form of misch metal containing about 50% Ce.
Forms of supply
Sizes and tolerances
Round-cornered square, as well as round billets, are produced in a wide range of sizes according to the following tables. Larger sizes offered on request.
Unground, spot ground or fully ground condition.
Peel turned or black condition.
|80||+/-2||4 - 6.3|
|100, 114, 126, 140, 150||+/-3||4 - 6.3|
|160, 180, 195, 200||+/-4||4 - 6.3|
|>200 - 350||+/-5||3 - 5.3|
Sizes and tolerances apply to the rolled/forged condition.
|75 - 200 (5 mm interval)||+/-1||max 10|
|>200 - 450||+/-3||3 - 8|
|77 - 112 (5 mm interval)||+/-2||max 10|
|124, 134||+/-2||max 10|
|127, 147, 157||+/-2||max 10|
|142, 152, 163||+/-2||max 10|
|168, 178, 188||+/-2||max 10|
|183, 193||+/-2||max 10|
- Welding wire
- Covered electrodes
- Seamless tube and pipe
* 253 MA is a trademark owned by Outokumpu OY.
- Hollow bars
Disclaimer: Recommendations are for guidance only, and the suitability of a material for a specific application can be confirmed only when we know the actual service conditions. Continuous development may necessitate changes in technical data without notice. This datasheet is only valid for Sandvik materials.